Friday, October 19, 2007

Rain, rain...go away!

I think we're on day 5 or 6 of all rain....it's starting to get old. I know there's places around the state that are flooding because of it. That many days of rain can just start to put a damper on your mood, you know?

Despite the yucky weather, I had an AWESOME day yesterday. I got a St. Patrick's Day card picked up by Cards magazine and the e-mail that really had me excited - a layout picked up by Simple Scrapbooks magazine!!! I have never been in Simple Scrapbooks magazine and it was kind of one of those unconscious goals I'd set for myself. It's a layout I did about the farmer's market and it will be in the March/April 2008 issue. Needless to say, I'm thrilled! Yesterday, I also got my Nov/Dec Scrapbooks Etc in the mail, which has a 2-pager I did of Glen decorating the Christmas tree. Really fun to see this one in print!

Yesterday, I spent some time at my friend, Libby's house (who I mentioned in an earlier post). She's not really one to be too emotional, but I could tell the stress of the past week especially was starting to wear on her. She just kind of unloaded on me and I did the only thing I could do - I listened. I know from past experience that it's good not to give advice because most of the time, there's no way you could ever say the right thing. You just need to be a person they can vent to. We also made a few cards together. She wanted to give some thank-you's to the sonographer and her doctor. I think it did her a world of difference to get her mind off everything for a while. I was really happy I went over there. If you are praying, you can continue to pray for wisdom and clarity for them. I know there's still a lot of confusion about where to have the baby.

Today, I have much to do around the house. I'm headed to the chiropractor, library and gym this morning and then cleaning when I get home. And, later this afternoon - we're going to my parent's overnight! I am sooooo excited to go out there for a visit. It's really like a vacation for us and I miss my family. It's been a while since we have been there. We're coming home Saturday night because Glen got free tickets to The Blue Man Group through work. It should be a fun time!

Have a great weekend full of all your favorite things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs