Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Time to buckle down!



Last night, we had our small group (we meet every other Monday). As a group, we decided to go through Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. I'm scared to do it because I know it's going to expose some things about myself that I don't like. I've always, always been a spender and not a saver. Money just burns a hole in my pocket. I know that I get it from my dad - we're both impulsive shoppers. Like most people, Glen and I live on credit. In the short time we have been married, we have managed to rack up some credit card debt. We have made major headway on our debt, but with me working part-time we've run into a few emergencies with our car, etc. Last night, we started reading chapter one of the book and it was amazing to hear the testimonies of people who paid of hundreds of thousands of debt in as little as 4 years. I have weaknesses when it comes to scrapbooking supplies even though I have enough to last me 100 years (anyone who has seen my ribbon stash knows I have a problem). My main problem (I think) is being content with what I have. I'm never satisfied...it's something I really need to work on. I need to learn to say "NO!" when I walk into a scrapbooking store or not walk in there in the first place. Yes, this process is going to be good for me as long as I make the commitment to buckle down!

Speaking of commitment, tomorrow night I'm going to join a gym! I'm actually very excited about it! The guy I talked to over the phone is going to give me the student discount (even though it's been a while since I have been a student). Luckily, I still have my student ID from BV! :) My sister's boyfriend goes to this gym too, but I doubt I'll run into him since I will most likely be working out on Monday, Thursday and Friday mornings.

Here's another Rusty Pickle project I made this weekend at the crop. I used the Mayflower collection and the jumbo monogram chipboard. The star on the end was a "happy accident." I accidentally punched holes in the "A" on the wrong side with my Crop-a-dile. Luckily, I had the star in my stash so I decided to go crazy with glitter. I was covered head-to-toe in glitter. It was really funny...people kept asking if it was glitter paper and someone even bought glitter at the store because of what I was doing! I got home and Glen asked me if I jumped in a pot of glitter - it was literally everywhere! I was even shaking it from my hair!
Well, have a good Tuesday! I started my day off great - made it to work early! I have a bunch to do today and ladies' Bible study tonight...it's a busy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs