Monday, May 19, 2008

Paper Posies - Part 1




Here's the first half of my projects using the May Paper Posies kit. Our 3rd celebration is still going on if you want to stop by the message board for a bunch of fun challenges! I'll post the other half of my projects later this week.

I had a wonderful weekend. We went to see Prince Caspian Friday night - it was fabulous! I've had the opening date for this movie on my calendar for literally months. It was a lot more violent than the first one but the special effects were better too. I'm already looking forward to the next one but it doesn't come out until 2010. I should probably re-read the second book as I think I did that after the movie came out. We also went out to dinner at Applebee's before the movie. It was nice to have a date night! Saturday was a busy day that ended in getting dressed up for an outdoor wedding for a couple from church. It was a beautiful night for a wedding and then the reception was held in our new church addition. I had an absolute ball at the reception! I love to dance so I was on the dance floor most of the night shaking my groove thing! A couple of the guys in our small group like to dance too so I was dancing with them and their daughters. Glen doesn't like to dance but I did get him out there a couple times. Sunday was a pretty low-key day.

Over the weekend, I spent quite a bit of time out on our deck lounging in the sun and reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer (author of the Twilight books I'm obsessed with). I finally finished it, but I definitely want to re-read it. I was bawling by the end. Stephenie is such a beautiful storyteller. She has this amazing way of making you fall in love with her characters. I definitely recommend this book - it debuted as #1 on the NY Times Best Seller List!

I have a busy week ahead! We have small group at our house tonight and another wedding on Saturday night. I'll be working some extra hours this week. I need to fit in a shopping trip and do some cleaning, work on scrap projects, and there's a bunch of my shows ending this week. Sounds like a tough life, huh? :) Well, I'm off to get busy...much to do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs