Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nora & Lily's Castle

I'm really excited about sharing this project with you today because it was something I've had in the works for a few months now. I haven't done too much decorating in the girls' room yet and wanted to come up with something cute they could have as decor for the next several years. I found a wooden castle at Hobby Lobby but didn't like how it was painted and decorated. At 50% off, I decided to buy it and alter it how I wanted it. I fell in the love with the Paper Girl line by The Girls' Paperie when it came out at Winter CHA so I decided to use it on my castle.



I loved the chipboard alphabet as part of Paper Girl so I used that on the top turret with a few Melissa Frances pearls. 


I used German glass glitter on all the castle flags and the heart and sealed it with Diamond Glaze so no shards of glass would escape. Every line on the castle was outlines with silver Stickles. 


I used one of the rose die-cuts on the heart.


The frames are die-cuts and I accented them with Melissa Frances pearls and adhered with foam adhesive for extra dimension.


When I was finished with this project, I showed it to my girls and they were so excited. Lily pointed right at her picture and giggled....so sweet! I think I spent about 3-4 hours on this project one evening so it really didn't take too long to come together. 


And finally, I wanted to remind you I have a kit for sale featured at The Scrappy Gourmet this month. "Our Everyday Life" mini album and layout kit has full supplies, instructions and photos for creating this mini album about your everyday life and a bonus layout. It's a concept that ANYONE can do! 


Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. That castle is incredible Jill! love how you used the Girls Paperie and Melissa Frances together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That castle is AMAZING. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs