Thursday, September 30, 2010

Halloween Highlights with Sleepy Hollow!


Today, I've got my first layout to share with you using the fabulous October "Sleepy Hollow" kit. I have actually already scrapped all of our Halloween pictures from last year but I did several pages and thought wouldn't it be awesome to make a Halloween highlight layout to include with the others? I'm also working on a mini album using these same photos that I'll be back to share sometime in October. Since the first Halloween is something special to scrap, I know my girls will appreciate having several projects to "fight over" someday! :) 

I sized all my photos to 1.5" squares and left a white edge on them when I trimmed them down (as I do with all my photos). I kept the design fairly simple in a grid and used patterned paper from SEI, Making Memories and Pink Paislee in between the photos.


The alphabet stickers are Pink Paislee and the "halloween" stamp is We R Memory Keepers. I love the black and orange stitched cardstock also by We R Memory Keepers. The stitching adds so much texture!


I love the canvas sticker and the orange tinsel ribbon by Pink Paislee. I used little lengths to add sparkle and texture. 


I cut the flocked lace ribbon by We R Memory Keepers in half because the width was too much for what I wanted on this page. 


And there you have it! A fun page highlighting the girls' first Halloween! I think I'll probably do one of these using the December kit too with first Christmas highlights! 

I have been taking it easy this week as I've been miserable with a horrible cold. The girls all had it earlier this week and are doing great now but this poor mama is down with it. I've been getting lots of rest and just relaxing and taking care of myself. Luckily, the girls have been pretty easy this week! It's funny how a simple cold can just halt your life for a while. I'm feeling a lot better today than I have any other day this week so I think I am on the mend. 

Have a great day! :)


1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs