Wednesday, September 15, 2010

October Afternoon: Little Girly Monster

As scrapbookers, we're all guilty of hoarding product and holding onto it for the "perfect" project. Several years back, I picked up the "Night Light" collection by October Afternoon. Now, at that time I didn't have any kids but fell in LOVE with the little monsters. Fast forward to my life now and since Miss Lily was around 4 months old, we had a little joke with her about monsters that has stuck ever since. She used to make the cutest noises "Mmmmmmmm...mmmmmmm....mmmmm," so we would tease her that she sounded like a monster. Every time we would say "monster" she would give us a cute smile. i bought the girls monster pajamas when they were around 5 months old and then a few months ago, I came across this monster towel that I bought just for Lily. She loves her monster towel so we snapped some pictures of her with it and here is the result:


I punched some stars with my Fiskar's punch and the alphabets are American Crafts and Pink Paislee. 


This alphabet is by SEI and I sprayed my layout with turquoise Glimmer Mist. I used the bumpy road punch by EK Success as a border on the bottom of my layout.


I used label stickers by October Afternoon from one of their current lines for journaling and to highlight one of the stars.


As much as I love using current product, I'm slowly working through some of my stash of things I've had for a few years and that feels good!

Have a great day!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Very cute page - and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic page! I found your blog via October Afternoon's on Facebook. Love your scrapping style. Everything is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs