Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spooky Spider Cards & More with Sleepy Hollow!

Today, I have some Halloween cards to share with you that I made with the Sleepy Hollow kit from Noel Mignon. I had to make about 15 cards to send to family so I kept the design fairly simple and even got my girls involved in the process! I would have made more of the spider cards but I could only keep the girls' attention for so long. I'm sure making cards like this would work even better for older children. Here's a look at the cards...


For this design, I punched out circles from The Girls' Paperie paper and then adhered one of the crepe paper sentiments in the center. I did some inking and machine stitching and that was all! Very quick and easy but it looks like it took me forever to make those crepe paper flowers! :) 


For the spider cards, I used StazOn ink in Jet Black and made fingerprints with my girls on white cardstock (not textured). I took a thin journaling pen and drew the legs on. I adhered the squares with foam adhesive onto my card. The sentiment was stamped with the Toil & Trouble stamps from The Girls' Paperie. 


Here's two more of the cards in similar designs...



And then I included a photo of the girls in their Halloween costumes this year! I love that I was able to capture their fingerprints and might just make this an annual project! :)

Don't forget to stop by and pick up the "Dear Diary" kit before it's sold out! 

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Way cute Jill! And a wonderful way to get such young ones involved in a craft:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so clever to make spiders out of their fingerprints! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs