Thursday, November 25, 2010

All We Want for Christmas with Bedford Falls!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We're celebrating with family today but my post is all about Christmas and the beautiful "Bedford Falls" kit from Noel Mignon. A song that really touched me several years ago is "All I Want for Christmas is a Family" by Steven Curtis Chapman. The song is all about a young child desiring a family and someone to love them for Christmas. I've shared much about how adoption has been a part of my family so I'm sure you can imagine why I love this song. Christmas was always a painful holiday for me because I had always imagined what it would be like to have a little boy or girl enjoy the magic and spirit of Christmas. 

So, when I saw the Fancy Pants Designs sticker "All I Want for Christmas...", I knew I had to use it on my layout. I just altered it a little bit for my use with the tiny Cosmo Cricket green stickers. I love the red faux-stitched thickers in the kit and used those for the "Family" part of my title.


Here's a close-up...


For my Christmas tree, I used the Pink Paislee banner stickers and arranged them up and down on kraft cardstock to form the tree. The star on top is a Fancy Pants stickers and then I placed Melissa Frances pearls on the tree as ornaments. 


All of the patterned paper I used on the layout is Pink Paislee. I added a little machine stitching for a homespun feel and journaled around the edge of my layout.

I hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving and I'll have more work to share in the coming weeks using "Bedford Falls".

1 comment:

  1. I just read your adoption story. The Lord truly blessed you with these beautiful girls.

    Lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs