Thursday, June 09, 2011

We Believe

I pulled out my "Bedford Falls" kit from Noel Mignon this week to scrapbook our family photo from this past Christmas. It's a tradition for us to take a photo in front of our Christmas tree all dressed up in our Christmas best. We definitely celebrate with gifts, Santa, lots of food, giving and more but for our family Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ. I tore out a sheet of vintage sheet music of one of my favorite Christmas carols "Joy to the World" as one of the layers for my layout. A little tip - check out vintage children's books at antique stores for Christmas images in books and music. I loved the rich green cardstock in the kit and used that for my background.


The Sassafras alphabet was in the "Sweet Sue" kit but because I've used up a lot of the letters, I was short on "E"'s. I pieced together a few "O"'s and made my own letter "E"'s. I strung a tiny jingle bell on twine for a holiday accent.


I removed the gold glitter leaves from a Making Memories frame in the kit and placed it behind the embellishment. Another little tip - I covered up a blue chair that was in the photograph with this cluster of embellishments. I couldn't crop it out of the photo and get all of us in the photo so I did a little creative placement instead.


For the stars, I created a tone-on-tone effect by using green mist and stars punched with a Fiskars punch. I decided to outline them with a white gel pen by American Crafts. 


We've been busy, busy, busy around here enjoying summer! Lots of swimming in our little pool, swinging and sliding, sidewalk chalk and cool treats! I love it (even with the extreme heat)! We're also gearing up for my sister's wedding in a couple weeks so that means mama is getting a little extra sun and sculpting my shoulders so I can wear a strapless dress. Ha! In addition to my normal gym routine, I'm trying out yoga and Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels. After yoga the other night, I slept SO well. I was so relaxed I felt like I had a massage. I really hope to increase my flexibility and strength through yoga as I have never been flexible in my back and hamstrings. I'm pushing myself pretty hard and feeling really good! 

More soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs