Friday, September 02, 2011

More Echo Park!

Happy Friday, friends! Are you looking forward to the long holiday weekend? I can't believe it's September and I also can't believe how full our month is already and it's just getting started. I'm hoping we can all stay healthy - allergy season and the sick season has already begun. Today I have the last of my Echo Park projects to share with you for Emma's Paperie (although you'll likely begin seeing more projects from me for Emma's Paperie in the very near future...that sounds like a hint!) :)

My next layout tugs at my heart strings...any photo of me and my girls does that. These two are my whole world. I love them so much and after years of heartache, I take advantage of any time I can document my life with them. This was a fun layout to create...a little out of my usual comfort zone. I punched some hearts and used them as a mask to do a little tone-on-tone misting on the grey cardstock. I used a gel pen to highlight the hearts and then punched smaller hearts to go inside. 




Here's a close-up of the misted hearts....


I'm in love with the resin hearts by Melissa Frances.


Next I have a couple of very simple cards to share with you. I love how the Victoria Gardens collection can give two very different looks - one bright and fun, the other muted and soft. 


For this card, I only had the Maya Road rose trim in white so I just misted it silver to go with the colors of the card.


The calendar is just a large sticker and I wrapped twine by My Mind's Eye around it. 


For my last project, I was very inspired by the talented Melissa Phillips who is always making cute bird creations. I used a nest by Melissa Frances and a chipboard bird by Maya Road. I filled the nest with lots of little goodies, Melissa Frances tissue trim, a resin star, pink floral pick and then a stick pin by Maya Road. A fun little piece of home decor!



Thanks so much for all your sweet words about my projects! I have been blogging quite a bit this week and will be back tomorrow with my first project for Authentique Paper

See you then! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs