Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Happy National Adoption Month!

Hello friends! Did you know that November is National Adoption Month? If you are new to my blog, you might not know that my twin daughters came to us through the gift of adoption. Please check out my blog post about National Adoption Month from last year to read more about our adoption journey.

We have an open adoption with our daughters' birth mother and her family which means that we get together 3-4 times a year and send photos and talk on the phone every so often. It has been the perfect arrangement for us thus far although I'm sure it wouldn't necessarily be ideal for some families. We imagine that as our daughters get older this relationship might change and that's okay. We're perfectly content going with the flow as our dynamics change as well.

Another special day in our family is quickly approaching - December 2nd is the day that we celebrate 2 years of the girls being legally adopted! It's almost like another birthday in our house and we hold that date near and dear to our hearts. It won't pass by without being celebrated to the fullest!

In honor of National Adoption Month, I have a layout to share with you that is published in the December issue of Scrapbooks Etc. magazine. Our dear friends supported our adoption by hosting a fundraiser for us a couple months before the girls were born and this layout highlights all the love that went into making it a success! All of the photography is by my dear friend, Carrie Krupke.


As I'm sure you can imagine, any adoption story tugs at my heart strings and just yesterday, I was so thrilled to learn of another baby born through the gift of adoption to a dear friend and her husband. I just love how God brings together families in His perfect way!

More from me soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm hunting down my copy of Scrapbooking Etc. today without fail! Looks great Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea! I've been contemplating my own National Adoption month post as 2 of our 3 came to us that way as well. One day we need to chat about our stories :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs