Friday, December 16, 2011

December Memories: 9-12

I have more pages in my December Memories album to share with you today - this time it's numbers 9-12. My approach to this album has not necessarily been a daily approach although several of the memories have fallen on that particular day. I'm keeping it simple, simple, simple and in more of a journal style. The Fancy Pants Brag Book in red has been absolutely perfect for this project! There was no preparation in advance whatsoever. I've just been putting the pages together as I go and have found that working on two pages at a time works best for my schedule.

In the past I have never completed a December Daily because the thought of adding one more project to my schedule during the month completely overwhelmed me. The way I have been approaching it this year has been completely doable and has very much kept me in the Christmas spirit. Oddly enough, I am much less stressed this year than in years past even though we are adding a lot more activities to our December schedule.

9) Snow? - Yes, that is snow with a question mark. If you are my facebook friend, you might have watched a little video of two little girls who created their own snow from the stuffing of my giant couch pillow. Take pictures first, right? Then discipline. :)


10) Special date - This past Saturday Glen went around town with Lily and Nora ran errands with me. It's not something we get to do very often so it was a fun memory to document. A little one-on-one time is wonderful! 


11) Around the house -  I've added some new decor this year. I have a couple projects I created myself (the Santa and Merry gift boxes) and then I picked up the Santa pitcher and record at an antique store. I also added some new vintage books to my collection as well.


12) Holiday Twinkle - This year we took the girls to Jolly Holiday Lights for the first time. They loved seeing all the Christmas lights and were quick to pick out the "car carts" at Hy-Vee, the gingerbread house and all the great tunnels we got to go through. 


And there you have it! I'll be back with more soon!

Have a fabulous weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs