Monday, March 05, 2012

Webster's Pages: Cheers to a Sweet Treat

Happy Monday, friends! Thanks for all the well wishes on the Simple Stories Design Team! Today I have another layout to share using a couple new collections by Webster's Pages - "Sunday Picnic" and "Everyday Poetry".

Just look at these two monkeys! They certainly have a sweet tooth and with their food allergies, they are somewhat limited to what they can have. Their number one requested treat? A lollipop or sucker (as they call them)!

I wanted to add a little grey to the layout because the girls' dresses had grey in them so all I did was put the layout on a grey background and then I punched a couple squares from patterned paper by American Crafts. It's just a couple of very small details that helped give me the look I wanted. All of the other patterned papers are by Webster's Pages. I am in LOVE with the little pearl embellishments by Webster's. They actually come in strips but I cut the strip into a couple sections to add to my patterned paper squares.




Despite me having a fairly simple style anyway, I would consider this particular layout very much on the simple side. And I love the outcome! But I won't tell you how long I moved around those patterned paper squares in various combinations until I found something I really liked. ;)

Have a wonderful day! :)

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun, Jill! The colors really pop on the grey paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty layout and I love all the grey!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs