Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Simple Stories: She Says...

I just love the bright, girly colors in the brand new Simple Stories Fabulous collection. And with two girls, I have plenty of uses for it! Today I have a layout to share of one of my daughters and some of the funny and cute things she's been saying lately. My girls are just about 3 years old and this age is quite hilarious! We recently had a photo session in our backyard and little Nora was quite the poser.

Web_She_Says

I cut up one of the Journaling Card Elements (#2111) to use at the top of the layout as well as a doily from the Sweet (#2106) patterned paper. A little trick I do to add texture is to place my photo on a vellum mat and then rip up the edges.

She_Says_details1

I love the Fabulous Flash Cards (#2109) for adding journaling (there's just enough room to tell a good story!) and the Bingo Cards (#2121) are great for adding descriptive words.

She_Says_details2

Journaling: "Mama, mommy" so that it echoes in a room. Repeats exactly what is in a Happy Meal when asked. As soon as she sees her daddy, asks to play with Tom the cat on his iPhone. Asks for "ice-bert" for dessert. Will often say she is "too shy" in new situations." And our favorite, "Woofie, you're the best dog I've ever had."

Love this girl! :)

While I have a collection out on my desk, I also like to create a card to add to my stash. The Expression Cardstock Stickers (#2103) helped provide the perfect sentiment for this "Hey, Girlfriend" card.

Hey_Girlfriend_card

A very simple and easy card!

Hey_Girlfriend_card_details1

After the garage sale excitement of last week (we did really well - yay!), both of the girls came down with a bug and have now passed it on to me so I'm feeling really yucky and have a bunch of things I need to be doing - cleaning and getting groceries for Easter company, coloring Easter eggs, Easter egg hunts and a visit to the Easter bunny among all the everyday stuff that needs to be done. I can't wait to share the girls' CUTE Easter dresses this year! My favorite ones yet! ;) 

More soon!

1 comment:

  1. The girls are looking SO grown up! Love your layouts and I plan to get caught up on my own scrapping this summer. So I will be referencing your blog for ideas a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs