Friday, January 25, 2013

Simple Stories: Perfect Snow Day

Good morning! Today I have a layout to share using the Sn@p collection from Simple Stories and my Scor-Pal. The Simple Stories team has been sharing Scor-Pal projects on the blog all week long. Winter is typically a very grey time of year and I know that I long for bright, happy colors. We had a blizzard here right before Christmas and I captured some of our snow fun on Instagram. My girls have really bright coats and snowsuits so I scrapbooked these images with the Sn@p collection to play up the bright colors.

Perfect_Snow_Day
I used my Scor-Pal to score a piece of white cardstock at 1" x 2" and then trimmed the page slightly so I could use the diagonal stripe behind the cardstock for a pop of color.

Scor_Pal1
I cut some patterned paper to it inside the scored area for more color against the stark white and placed a doily behind my photo block for a little more texture.

Perfect_Snow_Day_details1

Perfect_Snow_Day_details2
I also created a rosette using the Scor-Pal and embellished the center with a Sn@p label sticker and a cut-out element from patterned paper.

Perfect_Snow_Day_details3
Thanks for visiting today! I'm hoping to get away tomorrow to go antique shopping with my little sister. Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs