You can read my reviews from previous boxes here: Stitch Fix Review #1, Stitch Fix Review #2. And thank you for stopping by to read my reviews - I was shocked that my last review had over 2,000 hits - I never have that kind of blog traffic! :)
This month, I pinned a lot of items on my style board on Pinterest. I asked again for summer items - dresses, sleeveless tops, etc. I had actually asked for a specific blouse that I had read about on another Stitch Fix review but they must have ran out of it because I did not receive it. I also asked for something with either a Peter Pan collar or a bow tie collar as I have really been drawn to that type of top/dress. Oh, and I should also mention I requested the same stylist - Jen - she is who I have had for all of my fixes. Again, I asked for no accessories. I have decided that I don't want those items in my fixes and would rather pick them out on my own - I don't wear jewelry enough to receive anything in a fix.
Now before I get into what I received I also want to be honest and let you know how Stitch Fix goofed on this shipment. I was scheduled to receive it on Tuesday. I always receive an e-mail letting me know it shipped and I had not received anything by Friday. I was concerned that I would not be receiving it Tuesday because of Memorial Day and I was right! Stitch Fix did not ship my fix out until Tuesday. I was able to talk with someone via Facebook over the weekend but it was a little rain on my parade (ha!) when I so look forward to these boxes.
Onto my items - Now, my envelope on the outside said the items were chosen by Claire as did the paper inside but this time (and this was the only time this happened), I received a lovely note from Jen at the top. So, I'm not sure exactly who styled me but I'm betting on Jen! :) She had obviously visited my Pinterest board so that made me happy! All of my items were in the $38-$78 range = me happy again!
1) Olive & Oak Lexii Mixed Material Button-Up Tank - Very nice quality! The material is a mix of a sheer chiffon (on the bottom) and a very soft jersey material. The tank buttons up and has a nice back collar. I like it but it feels a little blah to me.
2) Olive & Oak Allania Striped Jersey Tank - Another tank from the same company. This one is a racer back with a very nice, soft feel to it. I think I like this one better. It's definitely classic and I like that! But, I do have to say I was a little disappointed on the tops I was sent. The last two fixes I bought two blouses with a lot of color and this fix let me down a little bit. But, I know I don't have anything like this one in my closet so I'm still considering! (I had to add the red flats for a little color and either of them could use a statement necklace for a pop of color).
3) Tulle Mila Printed Sleeveless Dress - This is a navy dress with a bow tie collar (which is hard to see in this photo). The dress is very comfortable but I feel it needs a little something. It's a navy dress with a cream collared confetti print. I like it but it's very similar to a navy dress I already own with polka dots. Also, the size on my paper and on Stitch Fix's tag does not match the size on the dress - hmmmm... so it was little bigger under my arms that I would like.
4) Darling Lillian Bird Print Pleated Skirt - I'm pretty sure I am in LOVE with this skirt! I don't have anything like it. It definitely feels like the most romantic piece of the bunch (compared to the classic feel of the rest of the items). I love the color and it's pretty flattering for the most part. I have on a black ruffled blouse and black wedges. The skirt is so silky and soft and hopefully you can tell has a cute bird print. The one thing holding me back right now is the price - it's definitely more than I typically would spend on a skirt. My stylist sent me the skirt because I had pinned a bird skirt from ModCloth.
5) Oxmo Serena Printed Belted Dress - Okay, not going to lie when I pulled this out of the box I was like "Are you kidding me?" and not in a good way. I specifically asked for items that are NOT beige because I have such a fair complexion but THEN I tried on the dress and I REALLY like it. I do not own anything beige or anything snakeskin at all. I tried it on by itself first and then I added a black cardigan which makes me feel like it is more of a classic dress. I could add boots and tights and wear it in the winter if I wanted to. It is SO comfortable! I did a little searching online and discovered Oxmo is based in Denmark. I am almost 100% Danish - do I think it is a sign? YES! Ha! :) And check out that little keyhole on my detail shot - if I had more cleavage it would definitely be risque but I think I am okay. :) This is an instance where I appreciate my stylist so much - I never would have tried this on had I found it at the store!
Note: This post is not sponsored by Stitch Fix. I used my own money for the styling fee/items. But, I do earn a referral credit if you sign up via my referral link.