Thursday, March 05, 2015
Welcome to What I'm Reading - the February edition. February was a very cold month so I spent a lot of it curled up with a book. Let's dig in....
1) Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - This was my second book by Rowell. It was a quick, fun read with a cute love story. I enjoyed the email format woven throughout the book.
2) The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh - This was one of the best books I have read in a very long time. It was a heartbreaking look into the foster care system and went back and forth between the past and present day. I would highly recommend this one!
3) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - Do you sense a theme here? I actually didn't care for this one at all but again I have this weird thing where I have to finish a book. The story ended abruptly and I didn't like the fanfiction sections - I just skimmed over them.
4) Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline - This was a blend of historical and modern day fiction and was a really great read. I even cried at the end if that tells you anything.
5) Daring Greatly by Brene Brown - This one took me all month to read for the Lemon Dropper book club. It was very heavy so I had to read a little bit, take notes and then put it down for a while so I could process it. I usually focus on spiritual books if I'm going to read anything outside of fiction. But I would highly recommend this one - it gave me a new perspective on being vulnerable and facing my fears.
Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to share my March reads with you all! :)